Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Color Challenge

Here is my card done with KWerner's Color Challenge. This is a great prompt to get the creativity flowing. Instead of a card, you could use the colors to create a scrapbook page or a painting, or any other project you can think of. And in addition to the colors in this Inspiration, I used the flower motif, as well.



And a close-up of the texture created with the Cuttlebug template:



I may add a little greeting word as a tag hanging from the flower's center (or maybe I won't).

Thanks for looking, here's The How-to:
  1. Stamp the petals from SU! "Pick a Petal" set in light colored ink on Whisper White. Cut out, and flip over so only the white shows.
  2. Use a paper piercer and mat to pierce the border of each petal.
  3. Cut More Mustard to 5 1/4 x 10 1/2 and fold in half.
  4. Cut Kiwi Kiss to 5" sq. and run through Big Shot with Cuttlebug "Stylized Flowers" embossing folder. Adhere to card base.
  5. Punch Kiwi Kiss, Really Rust, and More Mustard with 7/8", 3/4", and 1/2" circle punches respectively. Glue together (I liked how the pieces looked when I haphazardly layered them so I kept the look by gluing them this way).
  6. Use paper piercer to poke holes through circle piece and thread with Linen Thread.
  7. Cut small scallop circle from Really Rust using Birds and Blooms Sizzlit and Big Shot. Adhere sewn circles to scallop with Dimensionals foam.
  8. Adhere petals in flower arrangement on embossed Kiwi Kiss.
  9. Adhere center with Dimensionals foam.

8 comments:

  1. hi michelle- love the little detail of the center part! you inspired me to scrap 2 more pages this week after finishing my club pages. i love them! keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! Keep on scrapping. Hope to see you tomorrow night--and bring your pages you did, I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the texture on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a well made design awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did this. The colors are really fantastic! That floral cuttlebug folder is one of my favs for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a really cool card love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!