Saturday, August 29, 2009

Play Ball

A round layout! So much fun. It was a bit of a challenge working with the smaller canvas, but Pencil Lines supplied a fabulous sketch this week to help me work it all out.

I saw the round LO challenge, glanced down at my desk to see these two photos and immediately thought: what better way to use a round LO, than to make it into a ball? I traced my dinner plate (approx 11 1/4") onto a plain sheet of white cardstock and cut it out. I used the negative scraps to draw arcs on the circle. Then measured 1/2" tics along each arc and pierced with a needle. Eyeballed the stitches and alternately pierced to the left and right of each. A bit of red floss and the premade holes made it so easy my six year old could sew it!

The chipboard and PP is from Scenic Route; the PLAY letters are Heidi Swapp rub-ons, and the b-a-l-l letter buttons are some oldies from I think Joann's.

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous layout, love all the deatils, especially the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i just say you rock the sketch? :) and the stitchings.. holy sweetness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the baseball for the layout! What a really cool idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!