Monday, January 9, 2012

a whole lotta random

I have been loving every minute of 2012 so far. 

Last week my new boyfriend arrived.  I affectionately refer to him as Mac Daddy:

Isn't he sooooo cute?  Well, most of my free time has been spent getting to know each other.  You know, which buttons to push when, loading him up with all my photos and files, and exploring his little hidden secrets.  He is super strong and powerful, yet gentle for my non-Mac brain.  Every day I learn something new that I just love about him.  His ability to recognize all my family and friends (the Faces feature in iPhoto--amazing!), how he so easily hooks up with the things I need (connecting to my wireless printer took 1 minute 45 seconds, seriously!), and he loves my touch (um, yeah, the Trackpad is super fabulous, fast, and intuitive).  Yup, it's safe to say I am head-over-heels-in love.  And I'm looking forward to many years of bliss together.

I've also been on a cleaning/organizing tear--blaming it on the New Year.  Cleaning out the freezer, pantry, spice cabinet, junk mail, china cabinet, medicine bins.  Nothing is safe from my white tornado.  And knowing how temporary these things can be, I am taking full advantage before my motivation runs out.


I think I've decided to do Project365 this year. {ok, so this post is really all over the map}  Not going to over-think the whole thing.  Many of the photos will be taken with Instagram.  Not sure exactly what I'll do with the pictures, but I'm taking baby steps with this.  Maybe I'll do a mini album, or a Project Life album, or just post them to my blog.  Maybe some stroke of inspirational genius will hit me (most likely while browsing Pinterest).  But until then I'll just be snapping my Photo-A-Day.

Here's the first week:
one . one
one . two
one . three
one . four
one . five

one . six
one . seven
one . eight
one . nine
Anyone else doing a 365/52/12 type project?

OK, this concludes this totally random post about a whole lotta nothing.  And I also know that I still owe you two more Gifts of Christmas.  Don't think that hasn't been hanging over my head for the past week.  I'll get them up soon, promise.  

Yippee for my first blog post done entirely with my new Mac Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you but I have a crush on your MacDaddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a daily art journal. Several days on one page of a large mixed media journal. Not hard to do and will be a lot of fun to read at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, Beth!

    Darlene, I love your idea for your art journal. Would love to see photos. Will you be posting them somewhere?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!