Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tricksters and Treats

Happy Halloween!

We were so lucky that the weather held out for our little Trick or Treaters.  I had already threatened bribed the boys with money to go buy candy at Target if it rained because I sure as heck wasn't going trick-or-treating in the pouring freezing rain.

Well, no worries because it was nothing but chilly, and Perry offered to walk the walk this year leaving me at home to greet all the little cuties in costumes for the first time in 12 years.  I loved it!

Our clan was pumped for the occasion (and cooperative with a little photo shoot because I finally got smart and took the pics when they came home from school instead of when they were dying to head out for candy).

I love that they are old enough to be pretty much in charge of their own costumes. 

boy #1: the nerdy gangsta

boy#2: the crazed (and possibly rich, judging by the bling around his neck) Bruins fan
{Don't ask me what that finger symbol thingie means.  I'm just hoping it's not gangsta slang for some swear word!}

boy#3: a raffle ticket 
He came up with this idea completely on his own.  Lately, he's been a bit obsessed with arcades.  A bit.

And it's not just any old raffle ticket either:
Bwaaahaahaa.

Yup, they were a motley crew, alright.

We now have enough candy in our house to...hmm, I can't think of anything non-cliche.  Just trust me, it's A LOT!

And while we're on the topic of treats, these were completed and delivered (thanks to my crafty partner in crime, kd!)




And in case you would like to make your own bug jar for next year, I shared the PDF I created on Scribd for you to download.  

Credits: 




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, these costumes are GREAT!! I am crazy over that raffle ticket....and cracked up over the mystery hand-sign! So glad you had a fun Halloween, and the weather cooperated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!