Wednesday, February 13, 2013

valentine garland


I have found a new addiction.

photo credit: Small Good Things
Pom-pom making!

The above pictured gadgets can be found at your local craft store.
They whip up pom-poms quickly and easily.

But you could also use a fork

Pom-poms were the perfect use for the variegated pink and white yarn I picked up on clearance 
{I'm a sucker for clearance}.  

Instagram photo
From the moment I made the first pom, I had envisioned a little Valentine garland.


And what would a pom-pom Valentine garland be without some crochet hearts?

For the small heart:

Work all stitches in a magic ring.
Ch3, dc, trc, 4dc, trc, 4dc, trc, 2 dc, pull cricle tightly closed, slst into ring.

The larger heart was worked using this fun pattern from Barbara Summers.

As a last minute design element, I decided to add some fabric scallop circles cut with the Big Shot, pressed in half, and stitched with baker's twine in a running stitch.

Instagram photo
Love on a string!


1 comment:

  1. wowww absolutely gorgeous, so sweet !Really love this idea of pom-pom AND crochet hearts !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!